At averhealth, our mission is to reclaim lives, unite families, and strengthen communities by creating and providing the smartest, most innovative solutions for substance use disorder treatment and recovery. We seamlessly integrate every element of our customers’ testing needs including collections, laboratory services, results reporting, and every step in between. By joining averhealth, you will become part of a friendly and fast-growing organization with an important purpose. averhealth has a direct impact on someone’s road to recovery.
averhealth is looking for a driven business manager to join our team as an Area Manager for our operations in the state of Georgia. The goal is to develop a future business leader to help our continued path of steady growth, profitability, and success, while continuing our focus on our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages daily operations of approximately 10-20 patient service centers (PSC) within the state of Georgia
- Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the Company are put into practice within the collection locations
- Directly manages all patient care technicians and patient center supervisors within PSC
- Actively participates in new customer development
- Actively fosters relationships in the community
- Actively seeks new business opportunities
- Assists with the new-business set-up and implementation process
- Builds and maintains relationships with existing customers to include judges, probation departments, and other judicial officials
- Conducts customer training sessions
- Acts as a main day-to-day point of contact for customers
- Proactively identifies, addresses, and resolves any issues at collection locations or with customers
- Attends Drug Court staffing sessions, general sessions, and graduations on a regular basis
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Effectively manages PCSs through clear, direct and respectful communication
- Schedules staff in an effective manner based upon monthly testing calendars
- Manages site-specific metrics related to staffing
- Meets monthly budgets
- Responsible for managing all PSCs P&Ls
- Assists the training team with training initiatives at collection locations
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Company
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration with other Averhealth locations
- Interviews candidates to fill open positions at collection location
- Takes accountability for PSCs’ actions
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve internal and external conflicts and issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to maintain confidential patient and employee information and materials
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA preferred
- BA/BS degree in Business, Management, Criminal Justice, Healthcare Administration, or related field, required
- Experience in the criminal justice or testing industry is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position will require travel up to 50% within designated area. Travel outside of designated area may be required on occasion.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Commensurate upon experience and qualifications.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Community Outreach Program
- and More!
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.