At averhealth, our mission is to reclaim lives, unite families, and strengthen communities by creating and providing the smartest, most innovative solutions for substance use disorder treatment and recovery. We seamlessly integrate every element of our clients’ testing needs including collections, laboratory services, results reporting, and every step in between. By joining averhealth, you will become part of a friendly and fast-growing organization with an important purpose. averhealth has a direct impact on someone’s road to recovery.
averhealth is hiring a Business Development Manager to build relationships and close sales opportunities within the Western United States. The ideal candidate will use his or her skills to proactively implement solutions that provide new business and expand existing business for the laboratory.
This is a remote or home-based position with extensive travel. The ideal candidate will be based in either Arizona, California, Nevada, or Washington near a major airport.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Directs sales initiatives across defined territory
- Analyzes territory potential and determines value of existing and prospective customers
- Identifies and establishes relationships with new and existing customers
- Presents Introductory Sales Presentation to interested potential customers
- Establishes and exceeded sets sales goals
- Develops sales strategies to drive growth and expansion
- Attends relevant trade shows and conferences
- Ensures continued satisfaction of current customers
- Keeps abreast of industry-specific trends
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel up to 75% of work time is required
- Advanced knowledge of principles for promoting and selling products and services
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Strong ability to convey information effectively
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage in active listening
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Skill in the use of computers, especially applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel and also SalesForce
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- 3 or more years of experience in a territory sales role
- Demonstrated success with converting leads and relationships into sales production
- Formal sales training is highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits
- This position offers a base salary plus a commission. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- 75% travel by car, plane, or train. Travel will include in-state and out-of-state trips.
- Work inside a home office and visit customer locations which could include offices.
- While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The incumbent frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
averhealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.