At averhealth, our mission is to reclaim lives, reunite families, and strengthen communities by creating and providing the smartest, most innovative solutions for substance use disorder treatment and recovery. We seamlessly integrate every element of our customers’ testing needs including collections, laboratory services, results reporting, and every step in between. By joining averhealth, you will become part of a friendly and fast-growing organization with an important purpose. averhealth has a direct impact on someone’s road to recovery.
averhealth is seeking a successful Clinical Specialist to fulfill an advisory role within a growing, dynamic healthcare organization. The schedule is flexible and amount of time is estimated to total about 5 hours per month.
The ideal candidate will have one of the following professional designations: a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC), psychologist, physician, advanced practice nurse, or certified nursing specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and advise on the development of substance use disorder treatment policy and procedures.
- Graduate of a nationally accredited program in medicine, mental health, nursing, or social work
- Must possess one of the following active unrestricted credentials or licenses:
- Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (LCAC or LAC)
- Indiana Association for Addiction Professionals (ICAC II Only)
- Indiana Counselors Association on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (only CADAC II or CADAC IV)
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium
- Prior clinical experience in behavioral health, mental health, or substance abuse treatment programs is preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to resolve internal and external conflicts and issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to maintain confidential patient and employee information and materials
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/ or contribute to the development of process standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Pay rate commensurate with experience