At averhealth, our mission is to reclaim lives, unite families, and strengthen communities by creating and providing the smartest, most innovative solutions for substance use disorder treatment and recovery. We seamlessly integrate every element of our clients’ testing needs including collections, laboratory services, results reporting, and every step in between. By joining averhealth, you will become part of a friendly and fast-growing organization with an important purpose. averhealth has a direct impact on someone’s road to recovery.
averhealth is hiring a Male Patient Care Technician to fill a full time role in the Rome, Georgia area. This is an entry level benefits-eligible position. No prior healthcare experience is required. averhealth provides training to each Patient Care Technician hired.
This role requires at least 50% travel between averhealth's locations in Rome, Cartersville, and Dalton using a personal vehicle.
The work schedule for position is:
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The anticipated start date for this position is Monday, May 7. 2018.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts directly observed collection of urine, oral fluid, and hair follicle specimen.
- Checks-in clients.
- Enters new-client data into program management database.
- Engages in regular interaction with customers (i.e. judges, prosecutors, probation officers, and treatment counselors).
- Maintains cleanliness of the collection area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Prior experience in customer-facing roles or healthcare is a plus but not required.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver's license.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professionalism, punctuality, and great customer service skills are essential!
- Skill in the use of computers; especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to complete the job with no errors.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Due to the directly observed collection requirement, this role must be filled by a male.
Compensation and Benefits
- $11.00 to $12.00 per hour based on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance after 60 days of employment
- Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 4 Hours of Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Uniform Reimbursement
averhealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.